2:02 PM --
Cancer is considered one of most dangerous diseases in this world, but it can be cured if detected at an early stage. Although there are some types of cancer which can be developed without showing any previous warning signs. Thus in order to prevent it from getting totally devastating, we should never ignore any symptoms which might be related to cancer.
Most of the times, there are no specific symptoms that can indicate exclusively towards cancer. If there are some symptoms which persist or indicates some unusual changes, one should consult the doctor immediately, so that he could further evaluate. Some common symptoms which may be a warning sign of cancer are as follows:
· Persistent cough or blood-tinged saliva may be the symptoms of simple infections such as sinusitis or bronchitis, but if such symptoms stays longer than one month then it is the time to see your doctor.
· Though most of the changes in your bowel habits might depend on your diet or fluid intake, but if you notice some unusual changes in your bowel habits without any known reason for a longer time, you should consult your doctor for further evaluation. If you are suffering from continuous diarrhea or you are having pencil-thin stool, this may be a warning sign of cancer.
· Blood in stool can either be due to recurrent ulcers or because of hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids are common and can have cancer with it, so a thorough check-up of your entire intestinal tract is needed. Doctors often recommend Colonoscopy and it is much needed once you have become older than 50 years of age, no matter if any symptom exist or not.
· Anemia is a very common symptom in most of the people. Nobody easily relates it with cancer. But many cancers, such as Bowel cancer can cause iron-deficiency anemia which can be evaluated by endoscopy or X-ray studies of your upper and lower intestinal tracts.
· If there is a lump in the breasts or some kind of discharge only from one breast occurs, it should be consulted with a doctor. Though lumps and discharge are very common in women and many a times they are non-cancerous, but it is better to always visit your doctor before it is too late.
· If someone goes to urinate very frequently, passes small amount of urine, notices slow flow or any unusual change in bladder function, he should consult his doctor. Most of the times such symptoms occur due to urinary infections, both in men and women, but if it continues especially in men, this may be a signal to prostate cancer.
· One may be losing weight due to his poor eating habits, and one might get fever once in a while or sweats at nights due to various reasons, but if rapid weight loss, night sweats and fever continues without any known reason, simply walk into your doctor’s clinic.
· Hoarseness is a common symptom which can be caused by some allergy, but if it persists for more than three to four weeks, a doctor should be consulted.
· Having a mole is nothing worth worrying about but if it enlarges, have irregular edges or bleeds, it should be evaluated.
· old people often suffer from swallowing problem. But it should be also thoroughly checked-up to find out if such problem is cancerous or not.
· Many people often complain of having back pain, pelvic pain, bloating or indigestion in their day to day life. But if such symptoms persist for a longer period, it is time to visit your doctor.
There are many more symptoms related to various types of cancers, which are often confused with normal illness. But in order to prevent and fight back Cancer, we should always be aware of any unusual symptoms occurring for a long time.